Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Nuts About Mail Art

Hello again,
 it's me Tera here with a fun piece of mail art, that is just because I can.





When it comes to mail art I usually have a rhyme or reason,  but today I just created to create.  I basically picked stamps to use just because I liked them, and regardless of theme. 

To start I began with a standard A2 envelope and stamped the fun little acorn.  I masked it off then stamped the doodle circles and grunge plus signs. ( I used them as an x)

The row of chevrons was used to create a focal spot for the address to be easily observed.   

Now that all of the foreground stamping is done, I used various blue and green distress inks to lay color down on the background until I got a fade I was happy with. 

From there i decided to add my background by stamping the numbers and dictionary page randomly in various distress inks.   




Now to finish everything off i removed the mask and colored the acorn using a water brush and zig clean color markers. I also used black glitter pan pastels to edge around the acorn giving it a little bling. 


Stamps Used:

Numbers Set 2 1/2 x 2



Thank you for checking out this tutorial, I hope it inspires you to get creative today! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the vibrant colors you are working with lately. I saw two buttons and an acorn and wondered how they would relate. I loved it when I read that you just chose stamps because you like them! Excellent collaging idea. Like furniture...in not matching it matches! LoL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!!