Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, February 2, 2018

Mermaids and Monthly Inspiration...

Hello Crafty Friends!!!

I hope you are all as excited as I am about another VLVS monthly inspiration.  I love this month's inspiration board (of course what's not to love about mermaids?!)


I used the inspiration and I also added a little Valentine twist...


STAMPS USED:

OTHER PRODUCTS:
White cardstock base
Black cardstock
Pink cardstock
Distress ink- worn lipstick, festive berries
Memento ink- tuxedo black
Markers/Pens-zig clean color, blick alcohol-based markers, gelly roller pens, and wink of Stella
Glitter (various pinks)
Foam tape (I created my own with fun foam)
Distress Collage medium (as a wet glue for my mermaid... cant have glitter getting stuck)


I love shaker cards, but rarely ever make them.  I am super excited with how this one came out.  This one is going to be a Valentine card for someone special (Don't want to spoil the surprise by saying whom for).

I started with a white A2 card base, a black matte, and a pink card stock base. The top layer of the card was created with more black card stock, and some clear acetate from some packaging I had lying around.



On my pink card stock i started by stamping the XO stamp in "worn lipstick" and "festive berries" distress ink.  I also stamped "you are beautiful" in black memento ink on the pink card base.

On a separate piece of card stock I stamped my Bettie mermaid in black memento ink.  I colored my image with various markers (zig clean color, blick alcohol-based markers, gelli roller pens, and wink of Stella).



(before top shaker layer added)


(Close up of glitter goodness inside the card!)



(different angle so you can see all that glitter in the shaker!!!)

I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do. :)
Don't forget to join in the challenge!!
(There are prizes to be won!)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!!