Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Nothing but Turquoise Challenge

Hello Crafty Friends!!!

Today I want to share a card I made for the 

Stampotique Designers Challenge- "Turquoise Only"


Stamps Used: 
Barcode Text (Magical Moment)


I usually struggle with not stamping in black (although black and white are allowed to be used with this challenge).  Fortunately, I have several turquoise inks.  I started by getting out all of my inks out.  

I began by stamping my images, with the darkest of them (using this as a substitute for black). 
I stamped them on separate card stock, then used my scanNcut to cut out my images.  

While my images were being cut I went to work on my background.  The background was made with Flat Magical powders (caribbean blue, and a dash of luscious lime).  You can also create a similar background with regular inks in the "smooshing" technique on your craft mat.  I used a heat tool to dry this layer.

I "water colored" my images with various inks, and glued them down. 

then added texture paste through a stencil.  While the texture paste was still wet, I added glitter embossing powder.  I let this dry naturally. (when that I was dry, I embossed the glitter.)

To add glitter on other fun bits, I used my wink of stella clear pen. 




The glitter doesn't photo quite as well as I would like, but I hope you get the idea.  It is way better in real life.  


2 comments:

  1. Pretty colors for sure! Love the sparkly glitter and texture paste add. I thought it was die cut and placed over glitter paper. Your technique is a great idea for a sparkly detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks I used my scan n cut to cut all the pieces out :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!!