Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Stencil Girl Meets VLVS!





Hello Again Everyone! 
Today is my day in the super fun VLVS and Stencil Girl Blog Hop!!!!!

Today's Stops are: 
Tera Callihan <----- you are here

Stamps Used:

Banksy Achieve Greatness 1 1/2 x 2 1/4


Other supplies:
You will need stencils. (Stencils can be bought HERE... prepare to drool over the AWESOME selection!)
Art Journal, Acrylic Paint (i used cheap paint in red, white and turquoise), sharpie paint marker (black), magazine pages, and Washi Tape


Grand Prize will go to 2 lucky people. They will win what is pictured below from StencilGirl and VivaLasVegaStamps. ALL comments on ALL blogs are elgible to be entered for the entire week.One comment per blog please. Giveaway will close Sunday, August 31st @ 11:59PM Central. Winners will be announced on Tuesday, September 2nd.


Today I started with a page in my art Journal that i had added a magazine page to previously. I gave the page a light white wash, then after it dried I outlined the details on the girl. I also painted the background around the girl Turquoise and added a touch of red to her lips. 


Next I started with my 1st stencil "Twist Lattice" and added some fun geometric shapes with red paint. I also added some skull washi tape with a wash of red paint to pull it in as well. (let paint dry completely before moving on)


From there I added the film strip washi tape and the tiny camera washi tape 
(I have been doing some photo shots lately so it is relevant to me) 

Next I used the "Inside Out stencil" for the word Secret, Inside, and for the edging details on the pages. I stamped around the page as well as writing a few words in. This is a perfect base page for me now so that I can fill with journaling and write when the mood strikes :-D
 I do love having pages pre-arted up!!  
Here Are some more photo's and Details on the GIVE-AWAY below!!






Thank you all for Hopping to my blog, don't forget to check out the other blogs if you are starting here : D






58 comments:

  1. love this the colours seem to blend so well thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quote - think I may need to scraplift that one. The girl is such a neat way to start a page and I love where you went with it.
    cathsheard (at) xtra (dot) co (dot) nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. That twist lattice stencil looks fun! Great page & quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great page! I like how you made it relevant to you and your life. A true personal journal.
    Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with this page, GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic pages! Love what you did with the magazine and painting over it. Gotta try that one day! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this page. Great way to use a magazine image! toastmasterliz (at) live (dotcom).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely spread and the I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, I love the quote that you used. And I have to have the stencil. Love it. Your spread is so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool pages! I like the way stensils waves on th surface, just as music goes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A picture of the times. Love it. thanks for sharing a unique layout

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea to paint over the magazine page to make it yours. Love the colors you used on your page and the quote stamp! deardeniseh (at) yahoo (dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the message, love the page.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great page! I love the message too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a clever artist you are! Love the idea of starting with a mag page and working it into your own art. This spread looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the good messages..great stamps, and I love the inside out stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super composition ..... love everything about this spread .... good work!! Would love to win.
    swolfe44 (at) verizon (dot) net

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is awesome! I love your color choices, and the way you used the stamps and stencils to get depth and texture. Awesome quote stamp too... that plate just went on my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love to see how others do journal pages - this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your journal page! It's so artfully drawn and I love the messages. It makes me think of my daughter, who is a cautious soul. I will have to share this page with her! Beautiful use of stencils and stamps. Really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really love your page, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great way to use an image from a magazine...I love it and the quote too. Great spread!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh nice page and some good ideas I can steal I mean use...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great page Tera. I really like your choices of stamps and stencils. Thanks for all the info.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a wonderful piece. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Since I love quotes, what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG this page is beautiful! Did you freehand draw the girl on there?! Amazing! Great job!

    vmarquis(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. VERY cool Art Journal page Tera! Thanks so much for playing with us at StencilGirl this week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. A very interesting integration of abstract stencils and words with a graphic image.

    ReplyDelete
  30. wonderful journal pages.....I really like that wavy squares stencil.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing what you can do with a magazine and how much you can change it...bea

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love what you did with the magazine picture and how you altered it! Awesome pages!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, this is truly awesome! What a creative use of different VLVStamps and those really cool stencils!! This is one marvelous journaling layout!!! Super inspiring too, thanks for sharing it for today's hop!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your pages! is stunning, I think is the best projects for today!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for sharing your project! The magazine layer is something I must try, really inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! Your journal pages are great. Love the drawing the red wavy stenciled area. The words are perfect and the skull and crossbones are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! That's cool!
    Nataliya - sistercraft(at)mail(ru)

    ReplyDelete
  38. "Find your song!" -- what a great message!

    ReplyDelete
  39. nayamcd(at)gmail(dot)com
    Thank you for sharing you journal with us. I particularly love the traffic cone stamp as I work in construction. It's not the general cuteness that many crafters gravitate to.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fabulous! Love the colors and why you used the stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your journal pages are fantastic! Love the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love this journal spread! Thanks for a great blog hop entry!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Nice use of text, that is a great quote. Thank you for using our stencils :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. wowsers, love it!! Love the quote too. May have to use it myself. VLVS and Stencil Girl make a beautiful couple. This hop has really spiked my inspiration. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  45. That is just beautiful, very creative with this journal page. Inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  46. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  47. A stunning journal page! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  48. wow, what a cool page you created!
    sallee.haerr(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Very unique!

    Sarah(at)barnabasvision(dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great message!! And a great way to convey it. I loved it

    ReplyDelete
  51. The red and turquoise look so awesome together. What a wonderful journal spread :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Awesome page! Love the colors and the stencils. Thanks for the tutorial of your page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!!