Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, January 23, 2017

Mail Art Monday with a grungy twist

Hello Again Everyone! 

It's me Tera, here again with another fun
 Mail Art Monday tutorial

For this piece I was inspired by this months inspiration board.
I just love the vintage, grungy feel of everything.  I hope you enjoy this piece as much as I do!

(and be shocked I actually remembered to take a picture at each step!!)

Other Supplies: 
Black ink (Versafine Onyx Black)
Distress inks- Ground espresso, weathered wood, Iced Spruce, hickory smoke, pumice stone
distress ink blending tools
water (for droplet effect)
Distress Spray stain -Black Soot , white (picket fence)

Begin by masking off where you want your address to be (I traced around this with my black micron).  Next I stamped my focal image to build around in black ink. 

 To start my layers for the background, and give this piece depth, I stamped the next two images in "Hickory Smoke" distress ink.  

Next, I wanted to add some more foreground/mid-ground layers so I went back to black and used some of my smaller stamps to partial stamp some of the spaces.

I liked how this step looked so I used distress inks to ink the background with my ink blending tools.  This pulls the piece together, but I wanted a little more grungy feel, so I added some water droplets, as well as drops and splatters from the 2 distress stains. 

(this is the 1st layer of ink)

I let everything dry then removed my mask to reveal the final piece. 

(Now to find the perfect postage stamp to go with it!) 

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Favorite Stamp Challenge

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all enjoyed your Holidays and got to spend some time with family! 
I had a wonderful time, but I'm glad for the holiday hustle and bustle to be over! 

Today over at the the Stampotique Originals Designers Challenge we are having a new challenge.  The theme is "favorite stamp", for those of you whom know me this is a difficult challenge... I have so many favorite stamps!!! So for this I decide to use this I decided to use my newest stamp I'm in love with!!!! (Penelope)... which was hard to choose between her and my other love Buru, but she may be edging past him slightly... 

After all, Who doesn't love a lady with scissors?! 

For the card base I used the ink blob method, which is basically pressing my ink pad upside down on my craft mat, then spritzing it with water to make the colors run like water color.  I also added a few flicks of my perfect pearls spray ink for shimmer. 

After that dried, I stamped Penelope directly on the card (yes some colors show through but I'm ok with that). I chose to color her with a variety of markers in coordinating colors to the card background. 

On a separate piece of paper I stamped her head and hand with the scissors since I couldn't get my markers to cover the color as well as I'd hoped. Then I just cut out these 2 small parts and glued over the original, which was way easier than fussy cutting a whole character!

To finish of the card I stamped the "approach with caution" on a separate piece of paper then glued it on.  This is a great any occasion card!  Especially if you have a friend who's having a bad day that may get a kick out of a fun lady with scissors!! 

Monday, January 9, 2017

Whovian Mail Art Monday

Hello Again Everyone! 

Welcome Back for another ...

Mail Art Monday with Viva Las VegaStamps! 

Some of you may know that I am a Doctor Who fan! 
If you are a "Whovian" too, then hopefully you will enjoy this envelope too!

It's also, super easy to create! 
I only used 4 stamps (but you could even just rock it with the main two if you wanted!)

Stamps Used:


Brian Kesinger Dalek And Victoria

Doodle Dots

Mesh Texture 

To start I stamped Victoria and the the Dalek in black momento ink. I then masked it off immediately.  I used a business card to mask of the address box, and a traced around it with a black marker.  Under that I stamped the "exterminate" stamp.  

The red ink for the background was sponged on using red distress ink.  I stamped the two texture stamps for the background in the same red so they would just add a light texture.  I used white gel pen to add a little more texture with a few random scribbles. 

I removed all of the masks, then used a variety of alcohol markers to color my main stamps, and used a black micron to add a bit of "stitching" around the label.