Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Mermaid Dreamer Mail Art

Hello Everyone!!!

It's me again,here with a surprise guest post for VLVS...

(I'm taking a little time off from my design teams for a bit to re-spark my creativity)

Once again, I want to share some super fun Mail Art envelope using some of the new releases.  For this, I was inspired by this months challenge "Summer"

(Warning Photo Heavy)


Stamps Used:
Plate 1495
(you know you are going to want them all of you are anything like me!)
Row of Scribble Circles
Typeset Scallop
Row of Numbers
Punchinella/Sequin Waste
The Moon
Fancy Mermaid
She was a Dreamer

Start by stamping out your mermaid on the envelope (A2) and on scrap paper for your mask.

Next, Using Momento ink "London Fog" I stamped the moon over the masked mermaid.


Using Memento Black ink I added my base for the mermaid to rest on.



To build the background I stamped the x's as my stars, and inked with Distress Oxide ink "Broken China"


Now to add some contrast, I sponged on 2 of the green inks from my kaleidacolor inks.


Time for the reveal... I love seeing things come together after the mask is removed. 
I also forgot to take a picture before I stamped my 2 pieces in Distress ink "Blueprint sketch" to help frame everything.  I also added a but more color around the edges. 

I also added the numbers along the right side in black Momento ink.


Here you can see where I have started the base colors on my mermaid...
I also stamped my sentiment "she was a dreamer" and outlined it with white gel pen to help it pop off of the page. 


(The left if the finished mermaid. You can see some of the added glitter details from the Wink of Stella pen.  On the right side you can see more of the color building.)


Well, there you have it! I love how this envelope came together. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!!




2 comments:

  1. There are several new stamps that I love! Especially the background type ones. You always teach me something new with your how I did it posts. My Gelly Roll white gel pen always wants to blend with any water base ink or paint I want to write on. What solution might you have for that little problem?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!!