Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, April 9, 2018

Mail Art Monday!

Hello Again Crafty Friends!!!

Today I am excited to share one of my vary favorite things...
Yes, you guessed right, Mail art!!


Anyone who follows me knows that mail art has a special place in my heart! 
Something about it just makes me giddy!



Today I want to share a fun and kind of silly/whimsical envelope that I just LOVE. 
I love animal/people hybrids so this donkey was instant love for me, but he needed a kind of whimsical envelope to keep him in his own little world.

Maybe a forgotten part of wonderland?

Stamps Used:
Writing Chevron
Typeset Scallop
Horse/Donkey Gentleman

I started with and A2 size envelope and a piece of scrap paper.  On the scarp paper I began by stamping the "typeset scallop", and the "writing chevron".  I also stamped these two on the envelope where I wanted them to be. (*note if you want to "mask" the donkey, rather than cut him out and glue him down he should be stamped on the envelope 1st*, and a mask should also be created). 

On a separate piece of paper I stamped my donkey gentleman so that I could color him and cut him out.



Next, I colored then covered my 2 stamped images with my "masks", this allowed me to lay down a heavy layer of inks and some stenciling.  When the inks dried I added a few flicks of water to add extra depth. 



You can see below I added a label to add an address.  I added a bit of ink around the box for extra depth. (this was before I glued down my awesome donkey gentleman).


Below you can see the finished piece, and the postage stamp that I picked to go with it. 
(I haven't stuck it on yet, just in case I send international)


Thank you stopping by the blog today!!



1 comment:

  1. Your mail art is such fun! The animal people are kind of fun but for me they are also kind of creepy too. Who doesn’t love creepy though. Love all the contrast of the bright and dark colors. A fun envelope!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!!