Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Making Mischief and Messes

Hello to anyone stopping by...

Today I'm just sharing a couple pictures of what I've been up to the last couple weeks.
(besides making general mischief). 

(not that I think many people are going to want to see anyway)

I was talking with a friend about these, so even though I don't think these pieces are completely done, I thought I would share... and I know if i don't do it now i will mail them out without ever sharing (I just need a few finishing touches on each.) Also, the pictures aren't great. Its 9:30 pm and dark here... plus I took these with my phone.

I have been on a Tim Holtz paper doll kick, along with distress oxides, and the Yupo paper/alcohol ink lift technique... 

Ok, SO lets start.... These first 3 are all postcards... and Distress oxides (along with other junk...texture paste, stamps, stains, etc)


(the one sister looks so thrilled... hence the hat)

(this was actually the 1st postcard I made.  About a week before the others, so I will probably go back and add more texture to this piece)

The Next 4 are all A2 size cards created with alcohol ink and Yupo paper... 
This is so much fun to "lift" the image off and get a ghosted image... 





I also made a batch of distress oxide backgrounds, so you may see some more pop up like the first 3...
(there are too many to post... I think I had 28 inky pieces when I finished the other night... nothing pretty but just bases to start projects on)

Ok, so there you have it. 
This is the messes I have been making 
(getting more color on me than cards, but that's part of the fun!)

What have you been up to?



4 comments:

  1. Hello Tera , what beautiful cards .I like your blog and will going to follow you. Do you want to follow my blog too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely check your blog out!! :)

      Delete
  2. WOW girl! Fabulous postcards and cards!!! I can definitely see that I might have to give those Oxide inks another chance. Once you start embellishing them with black ink and textures and images and paper dolls, they are looking a whole lot different to me. And that Yupo paper technique really looks awesome! I love that ghostly effect. One question: Will there be a tutorial???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also love a tutorial on the ghost effect. Love the cards. Glad you shared them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!!