Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, May 16, 2016

Nursery Rhyme Time... Mail Art Monday

Hello!

Its's me again... 

(coming to you from Myrtle beach today, but more on that later)



Today I'm here to share how I created this fun and easy envelope inspired by this months inspiration board

Don't forget to check it out and play along with us! 

(link up your project here)



I used the words mouse and numbers to inspire me... Then went a little wild with the story book rhyme "hickory dickory dock" ... Start by stamping out your mouse/rat critter, then masking him off. 



Next stamp the clock over that ... (Also masking it off)....  At this point you begin the background.  
I began with stamping the dot textures around the clock to add depth, and I added the chevrons to create an address label.  Next I inked the background green using various distress inks (crushed olive, mowed lawn, and hints of mustered seed)

For added depth I used black glittered pan pastels around the clock and mouse. I also decided to color in my chevrons with a black glitter wink of Stella pen (just because I wanted to play with it!!! lol) 

(the quote I printed from Microsoft word and used black pen around before gluing down)








Thank you for stopping to visit with us! I hope you found some inspiration to kick off a crafty day!!




1 comment:

  1. Celebrating in Myrtle Beach are ya? This new mail art is so cute. That's not quite how I remember the mice looking. LoL. This guy is more fun. He also seems to fit better into the rhymes of treachery by Mother Goose. Bwahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!!