Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Love Bugs

Hello Again Everyone!

Today I want to share a card that I created for the Stampotique Originals Designers Challenge
 "Love Bugs"

Ok, so this theme started off as a bit of a challenge for me, but I "love" how it came together...

Anyhow, for this piece I began by stamping Daniel's hearts in black ink, then used red ink to cover the card base... 
(yes my fingers were red after this step so, be careful coloring your character... lol.  I used a baby wipe before moving on.)

Next, on a separate piece of card stock I stamped Newton and Mervyn.  I stamped mine in archival black because I knew I wanted to use alcohol based markers to color them.  I would recommend coloring them before cutting them out, as I also did this backwards, but then you have more to hold onto while coloring.

 I then added Mervyn's head to Newton's body. On a scrap piece of cardstock I drew a heart for my little guy to hold and stamped out the barcode text so that I could add "handle with care" to my little heart. I used glossy accents to glue it all together and that was it. Nice and simple!

For the finishing touch I drew my little bee and colored him with gel pens.
 (i wish I had the Stampotique Bee that Jo has drawn, but it's still in my wish list...)

I hope you all enjoy this little card and feel inspired to play along! 
Hope you had a Happy Valentines Day! 
(I hope you also got to enjoy some candy!)

1 comment:

  1. It's obvious that you have such fun crating with these creepy cute characters. Your creativity shines with this Valentine card.


Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!!