Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, October 8, 2018

Mail Art from the Great Unknown

Hello Crafty Friends! 

Happy Mail Art Monday
and Columbus Day if you are here in the USA.

Now, Time for some explorer themed mail art... (with a hint of steam punk)


Stamps Used:
numbers set
the great unknown
Waybill/invoice
steampunk balloon
men in balloon basket
punchinella/sequin waste

I started by using an A2 envelope. I stamped my 2 foreground stamps and traced my mini playing card (address label block).  


Next I created a "cloud" background with scarp paper and ink in weathered wood, hickory smoke,  and broken china distress ink. 


Next, I used my waybill/ledger stamp to add random texture and detail to the background with cornflower blue archival ink.


I also stamped my numbers randomly in watering can archival ink.  Across the top, I also added a bit of texture with my punchinella stamp. (below you can see a close up of some detail for the numbers, ledger, and texture)... you can also see I added a few flecks of black stain, and glitter spray.... I also added white dots with a white gel pen. 


Below you can see the whole picture, I added color detail, and bits of washi tape, and glitter. 


More detail...


And even more details... 


I hope you have all enjoyed this explorer themed envelope. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!!