Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Fragile Creatures

Hello crafty friends!

Today's my Wednesday to share a little inspiration for the new 
Stampotique Originals designers challenge
The theme is "Birds and bees"



I decided to create two different cards that both Incorporated birds and bees.

STAMPS USES: 




I hope you enjoy this take on the challenge, you can see my process below. I did end up changing final colors for my main character by stamping her again  and hand cutting her out... for the white based card I basically follow the same technique without coloring the background.

I started by stamping out of the bees oh, then masking them off. Next I stamped my border Oodles of doodles. Then my main image was stamped.

As you can see above I have my main image and the bees masked off so that I can apply background color on top of everything else. I used various distress inks and oxides for this.

Here you can see where I have a little more color layed down with the masks still in place.

This is the view when I removed the masks.

This was after I finished all of my coloring , but I decided it was too monochromatic. I wanted more variation, so I stamped her out again. (as you can see in the pictures above.)
 I hope you've enjoyed this little card project.


1 comment:

  1. I admire all the masking you do. It’s tedious to cut everything out...even it is it’s only once. I’m so lazy about that. That is a very fun doodle stamp. The character stamp is so cute with the birds. Great cards Tera. I’m always amazed at how coloring and technique can make two same cards look different.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!!