Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, March 9, 2020

Hoppy Mail Art Monday

Hello again crafty friends!


It's me Tera again. Today I am going to share a super fun and easy Easter envelope with you!

Stamps Used:


Are you ready for some colorful "Hoppy" mail?

Well, let's hop to it then...

 Beginning with an A2 envelope, I stamped the bunny in black memento ink, then masked him off.  Next I cut a blob shap out of scrap paper to make the mask for the address box. 

(below is the envelope with both masks in place)

Using Distress Oxide inks (picked raspberry, cracked pistachio, mustard seed, and ripe persimmon), I inked my main background layer


Next, using the same colors through a layering stencil I added a new layer of ink for depth.  I also added a few flicks of water for distressing. 


Now for the magic....
I removed the masks to begin coloring.
(I love the reveal!)


Finally I used various markers to color the bunny and add details.
(I love matching postage so I have added one on the envelope so you can see the full effect. I may use a different stamp to mail yet, we will see...)


I hope this artistic bunny has your creative juices flowing too now!
Hoppy crafting!


2 comments:

  1. Very cute Hoppy mail art! I love that colorful background and that wonky egg shape for the address. Good postage choice too. Love how the stamp blends and stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Tera, I've never really got to grips with masking but you've made it look easy here so I must give it another go. Take care, Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!!