Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Chalk it up to madness...

 Hello My crafty friends!! 

If you are a regular around here than you know how much I love Halloween cards and creations! 

I used my love for the creepy to inspire me for the new Frilly and Funkie challenge.

The theme this round is: "Chalk it up" 

The idea is to include chalk in some form. I don't own any chalk, so I went with a faux chalk effect.

I used a stamping tool, and stamped multiple times with the Distress ink in picket fence. Then on my final stamping when I got the right level of white I used frosted crystal embossing powder over the image.

After I heat embossed the frosted crystal I lightly went randomly over the rest of the black cardstock with the white ink again. to give a chalkboard look. 


Next I stamped the "table of the skeleton" in black archival ink on kraft paper. I flicked a few drops of black soot stain to give a little grungy interest, and lightly used black soot oxide ink to edge both layers of the kraft paper.
(I used my deckle edge trimmer on both pieces of black cardstock to get the tattered look.)


The skeleton piece is popped up on pop dots, as is the ephemera piece I finished off with.


I hope you like this simple and easy faux chalk card and will join us in the challenge.

Products Used:
Cardstock- Black and Kraft
Pop dots
Heat tool
Tape runner


11 comments:

  1. Fun card, Tera! I love your chalky effect! The layers are terrific and I love that they are stitched together for framing. Your art is always so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much!!!! You are always so sweet πŸ˜‹

      Delete
  2. perfectly creepy faux chalk effect! What a great Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your faux chalk effect--how clever you are! And what a wonderful Halloween card--gets me in the festive mood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you♡♡♡ gotta love some Halloween cards

      Delete
  4. Love the effect you created for this card that skeleton looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! Love the X-ray component! πŸ–€

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! A real winner πŸ†

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!!