Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Things with Wings Postcard

Hello Friends! 


Today I have want to share a 4x6 in postcard that I created for the Stampotique Facebook Swap for this month...The theme is "wings"

Stamps Used:
Clothes text (Stampotique)
Floating (Stampotique)
Doodle Leaf (VLVS)
Reverse Image stamp (VLVS)

Other Products:
Distress Inks (regular and oxides):
 worn lipstick, picked raspberry, abandoned coral, ripe persimmon, spiced marmalade, carved pumpkin, fossilized amber, mustard seed

StazOn Ink- Black
Micron Markers,
White Gelly Roll pens
Zig Clean Color markers (various colors)
Wink of Stella -Glitter Clear
Scrap paper to create "masks"
Tim Holtz Layering stencils
Dylusions Stencil


I began by stamping all of my base images and masked them off.  After my base images were masked, I began layering my base inks. I used various distress inks, starting with the originals, and adding some oxides later. 


You can see the base layers building up here...


To add depth I like using stencils.  For this one, I started with distress layering stencils.  I also used one of the dylusions stencils. 


My favorite part is always removing the "masks" ...
Below is the reveal isn't it fun how it "pops" off the page?


For all of my coloring, I used Zig clean color markers. 
 I added my details with micron and gelly roll pens. 


I hope you enjoyed this mini post. I love how vibrant this came out :D 
If you have never joined the facebook Stampootique swaps you should definitely check them out!!!
They have one each month, lots of amazing artists!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!!