Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Cats and Christmas Mail Art

 Hello Crafty Friends!

Are you ready for a new frilly and funkie challenge?

This new challenge theme is "living creatures".

The theme is to create something with a animal or insect. I of course chose to create something with a cat, since I'm a bit of a crazy cat lady!

I started by stamping one of the Snarky Christmas Cats on an A2 envelope, and colored it using alcohol markers.


Next, I masked off my image, and an address block.  I inked over the envelope in twisted citron Distress Oxide ink to create a base color.


I used peeled paint Distress Oxide ink through the Tim Holtz layering stencil "THS132".  then I stamped the "Meowy Christmas" and the snowflakes. 


Finally, I finished the envelope off with white highlights using a gel pen, some colored pencil shading, and a few flicks of water. 


Supplies Used:
layering stencil - THS132
A2 envelope
white gel pen
colored pencils


6 comments:

  1. This envelope has me smiling this morning! I’m already in the holiday spirit of Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I mesh them all together in my spirit for the holidays. Your fun mail art just adds to the feeling of this joyous time of year. That cat is so guilty looking yet trying so hard to look innocent. Love it! I love you talent to blend images and colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Love that silly cat and whoever receives this will definitely have a smile on their face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun Tera! Thank you for showing your clever technique for creating that masked background - such a great tip x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful envelope! Love the colors and the snarky cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to share with you all here on how I got my loan from Mr Pedro who helped me with a loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when I applied for the loan when things were getting rough with my business. Mr Pedro granted me a loan without delay. Here is Mr Pedro, email/ pedroloanss@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love hearing from you!!